Subject: Re: Znyx multi channel ethernet cards
To: Kevin Van Maren <vanmaren@fast.cs.utah.edu>
From: Kevin M. Lahey <kml@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/08/1997 09:09:25
In message <199704071728.LAA15054@fast.cs.utah.edu>Kevin Van Maren writes
>Kevin Lahey said:
>>In message <199704071644.KAA13648@fast.cs.utah.edu>Kevin Van Maren writes
>>>There are two problems with these cards, which the newer driver
>>>should deal with just fine:
>>>1. There is only one ethernet address for all the interfaces
>>
>>The quad-port ZX346 I use doesn't seem to have this problem:
>
>Yes, they do: the driver automatically assignes consecutive addresses to
>each interface, but there is only one in ROM.

Doh.  You are, of course, correct.  Sorry for the confusion.
Does Znyx actually have different addresses reserved for each
interface, so that only the first address is *stored*, or is it
possible to have colliding Ethernet addresses between multiple
cards?  Matt Thomas suggested the latter, but I just wanted to
be sure...

Thanks,

Kevin Lahey