Subject: Re: Canon BJC-610
To: None <salvet@ics.muni.cz>
From: Mister Gandalf <mgandalf@Mentasm.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/08/1997 11:07:24
On Tue, 8 Apr 1997 16:23:51 +0200 (MET DST),
Zdenek Salvet <salvet@horn.ics.muni.cz> wrote about Re: Canon BJC-610:
> > I have a Canon BJC-610 bubble jet printer. I have set my /etc/printc=
ap to a
> > standard line printer on /dev/lp --> lpt0.
> >=20
> > When I "cat /etc/hosts|lpr" it prints just fine, but it prints about=
 5
> > lines/minute. It's REAL slow. I have a bidirectional cable hooked up=
 between
> > the printer and the Unix box. Could the printer be sending back data=
 to the
> > Unix box and confusing Unix enough to slow down printing?
>=20
> Maybe the port is not interrupting properly, try polling device /dev/l=
pa0=20
>=20
> --=20
> Zdenek Salvet                                              salvet@ics.=
muni.cz=20
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------=
------
>            If God had meant for us to be in the Army,
>          we would have been born with green, baggy skin.
>=20
>=20

I tried that late last night (don't like bring down my server) and it wo=
rked.
:) I also thought it might be the port. Odd, why would it not poll propp=
erly?

-- Mark.

-*
Mark R. Buechler, Mentasm System Administrator
Mentasm Network Information Services (http://www.Mentasm.com)
System Administrator, The NET Group, Inc. (http://www.TheNETGroup.com)
System Administrator, Zipper.net Email Services (http://www.Zipper.net) =
-