Subject: Re: 3COM 3C509 PNP
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/07/1997 12:30:14
    >> Is this a -current kernel?  There was mail on a different list
    >> today that the 3c509 doesn't work if configured through the PNP
    >> code but that it *does* work if configured as an ISA device.

  I had posted to -current that my 3c509B-Combo got configured *twice*
if I enabled PNP on it. Once by the standard ISA probe (with a note
that it had a "pencil mark"), and a second time by PNP. I got the
"ep1" working once, and was going to leave it that way, but it didn't
work again after a reboot, so I disabled PNP, and all was well.
  BTW: it got configured at different io addresses.

  I have an identical 3c509B working in another system with PNP
disabled. These cards were bought new last November.

]    IETF #38. In Memphis, TN. Elvis is in the terminal room!   | one quark   [
]  Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON     | two quark   [
] mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ | red q blue q[