Subject: Re: Znyx multi channel ethernet cards
To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: Kevin M. Lahey <kml@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/07/1997 09:57:03
In message <xof67xyn64d.fsf@blubb.pdc.kth.se>Johan Danielsson writes

>There was a discussion about these some time ago, and the consensus
>was that they `should just work' (which seems reasonable). Has anyone
>actually tried any of these cards?

Hmmm.  I got some a couple of months ago, and they had the AC revision
of the Tulip chip on 'em.  NetBSD-1.2 (and I think 1.2.1) don't support
this -- you need to run -current.  Even with -current from a couple
months ago, I got some strange messages that suggested it was running
at 100Mb, when it was clearly doing 10Mb.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to try it at 100Mb to verify any more,
or try more recent -current code, but I can probably do both in
a week or so (I'm on travel right now).

Happy quad-porting!

Kevin