Subject: Re: 2940UW + tape drive.
To: None <rmcm@paradiso.apana.org.au>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/07/1997 06:44:49
On Mon, Apr 07, 1997 at 09:01:08AM +1000, Rex McMaster +61 03 9883-7569 wrote:
> I have the same problem - the major inconvenience is that if a tape is
> present in the drive at boot, then the drive is no longer
> accessible. The machine has to be booted with an empty drive. Is this
> the case with your machine?

(just my $0.01:) I don't have this problem (NCR controller, Sony SDT-7000
drive), but sometimes after changing the tape, the machine doesn't know
that there's a tape in the drive (when Amanda starts backing up the disks).
Could it be that there's something wrong in the SCSI code somewhere?

  -jm

--

                       1503 kHz @ 21:30 EET DST Mon-Fri

                     ---> http://www.jmp.fi/~jmarin/ <---