Subject: Re: userid & group id
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: None <wonko@madness.tmok.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/06/1997 13:17:09
Jukka Marin drunkenly mumbled...

> NetBSD whines if you try to use UID or GID greater than USHRT_MAX (see
> passwd.c in libutil).  I don't know if these checks could simply be removed
> or if there's code than expects UID and GID to fit in a 16-bit int somewhere.

there is only one way to find out.  change the limits and see what happens.
i don't currently have a NetBSD system here, so i can't try it.  if no-one
ever does try it, i will once i get NetBSD up and running.

-brian

--
The fundamental difference between Unix and the Macintosh operating system is
that Unix was designed to please programmers, whereas the Mac was designed to

=== End Transmission ===