Subject: Re: trying to build kernel
To: Jose Torres <torres@ois.fdu.edu>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/04/1997 15:30:32
I'm not sure if this is the cause or not, but you need to do a "make
dpend".  I.e.

cd /sys/arch/i386/conf
config KERNNAME
cd ../compile/KERNNAME
make depend && make

Hope this helps,
	Rick

On Fri, 4 Apr 1997, Jose Torres wrote:

> Hi NetBSd guru's
>
> I am new at this, 	I am trying to build a kernel and I am following
> the instructions as best as I can, but I am getting an error message,
> WHY? any help, I thank you in advance.
>

> 132# make clean && make && make <<< command I typed in
>
> install rm -f a.out [Ee]rrs mklog core *.core  ps fmt.o keyword.o
> nlist.o print.o ps.o  fmt.ln keyword.ln nlist.ln print.ln ps.ln cc -O
>  -Werror -c fmt.c cc -O  -Werror  -c keyword.c cc -O  -Werror  -c
> nlist.c cc-O  -Werror  -c print.c cc -O  -Werror  -c ps.c cc  -static
> -o ps fmt.o keyword.o nlist.o print.o ps.o -lm -lkvm kvm.o: Undefined
> symbol `__kvm_pa2off' referenced from text segment kvm.o: Undefined
> symbol `__kvm_pa2off' referenced from text segment *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                      System Administrator
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/