Subject: Re: DOH! need xlock, xlockmore, etc. etc.
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: None <wonko@madness.tmok.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/02/1997 12:59:39
Matthias Scheler drunkenly mumbled...

> In article <Pine.HPP.3.96.970331122534.16341A-100000@concord.televar.com>,
> 	"G. Evans" <gevans@televar.com> writes:
> > Or is it more likely that I will need to get the source and compile it
> > myself?
>
> Compiling sources yourself is always the best choice. Even two friends of
> mine using *shudder* Linux stopped using binary distributions some time
> ago because you never know what you get with them.

something that comes to mind... irc-2.8 (i _think_ that version) precompiled
comes as a 600k+ binary.  after you 'strip' it it becomes a 125k binary.
just think of the possible goofy options people have (can) compiile binaries
with and you'll swear off precompiled binaries for good.

-wonko

--
Just about every computer on the market today runs UNIX, except the Mac
(and nobody cares about it).

"Never underestimate the power of a computer."  - Superman III

=== End Transmission ===