Subject: Re: http over ppp ?
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Don Ray <dray@servecom.picker.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/01/1997 14:46:00
Hi Perry,

Here's an update:

You'll recall that the packet loss increased with packet size. Lowering
the mtu to 296 minimized the loss and allowed web pages to transfer
successfully accross the ppp link as requested by the browser.

Since then, I got hold of the com patches and built a new kernel,
rechecked hardware handshaking, error correction, etc. on the modem and
pppd setups... still no solution.

Finally I aquired and installed a new modem. Viola! No more packet loss!
Arghhh!

I wish to thank you again for getting me on the right track... I'd
probably still be banging my head against a wall without your quick
insight.

Thanks to all in the NetBSD mailing-list! This is a great resource and I
hope to contribute as I get more experienced with NetBSD.

Don Ray	dray@servecom.picker.com
Picker Int'l.
Service Technologies