Subject: http over ppp ?
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Randy Skedel <skedel@mr.picker.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/31/1997 17:15:52
Hi guys,

I'm sure someone here can help me. I'm running a NetBSD box with Apache
web server, mgetty and pppd.  I can dial into the box and make a ppp
conection just fine.  I can telnet, rlogin, ftp and just about anything
you can think of accross the ppp link. Only problem is, I can't access
html pages with a browser over the ppp link. It serves the pages up fine
through the ln0 (ethernet) interface but not through ppp0.

If I telnet over the ppp link to port 80 and issue a GET for an html
page, that works but when I use the browser, it just hangs with "Host
contacted. Waiting for reply..."

When I look in Apache's access_log, it shows that the page I requested
was serviced successfully.

When I use tcpdump and monitor ppp0, I can see a few www packets but
then they stop.

Like I say, everything else works fine accross the ppp link.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Randy Skedel (rskedel@mr.picker.com)
Picker International