Subject: PCI ethernet revisited...
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/29/1997 22:47:29
The good news is it compiles, the bad news is, it doesn't seem to drive
this card correctly.

First, I get a lot of these:

ed0: length does not match next packet pointered0: len 0a0a nlen 080a start 00 first 01 curr 02 next 0a stop 00ed0: NIC memory corrupt - invalid packet length 2058

The boot diagnostic is:
ed0 at pci0 dev 13 function 0: unknown model

ed0: address 00:00:00:00:00:00, (null), ioport ff80, interrupting at irq 9

This is almost certainly wrong.  :)

The card claims to work as an NE2000 compatible, but I can't get it to.

If it's any help to anyone, I can give you the inscriptions on the
various chips.  The card appears to really, secretly, be made by
"Winbond", whoever they are.

-s