Subject: Re: /bin/csh (or any other shell for that matter) permission denied?
To: G. Evans <gevans@televar.com>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/28/1997 19:30:59
Do you have /bin/csh in /etc/shells?  I don't know if this is a
requirement or not, but definantly worth checking...

Rick

On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, G. Evans wrote:

> When I try to telnet into the NetBSD 1.2 box I just finsihed setting up, I
> try to log in as a user and get the following message:
>
> /bin/csh: permission denied
>
> Any ideas why this would happen??
>
> the /bin directory is set to user and group bin with rwxr-xr-x
> permissions, as are the different shells, they pty's are set up correctly,
> etc.  this happens even when doing a telnet localhost, or rlogin (I
> believe).  It was working OK yesterday, and then started having
> intermittent problems, then just quit altogether...I am unsure as to how
> to proceed.
>

> Any ideas??
>
> -Greg Evans

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                      System Administrator
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/