Subject: Re: matrox or diamond?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: None <wonko@madness.tmok.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/28/1997 10:48:05
Jukka Marin drunkenly mumbled...

> I'm looking for a better graphics card (I have a Diamond Stealth 64 EDO)
> and Diamond Stealth 3400 4MB VRAM looks nice.  Is this a fast card or
> should I look the Matrox cards instead?  I want to run X with 65536 or
> more colors (XFree32) on a "166 MHz" Cyrix 6x86.  I'm quite satisfied
> with my current gfx card, but I can't use 1280x1024 because of running
> out of display RAM.

the Number Nine Motion 771 is an excellent card and doesn't cost a whole lot.
if you want to drop some cash, get a Number Nine Imagine 128 Pro w/8M VRAM.
they're expensive, but damn are they fast, X11 cruises with that thing at
any resolution.

-wonko

--
Just about every computer on the market today runs UNIX, except the Mac
(and nobody cares about it).

"Never underestimate the power of a computer."  - Superman III

=== End Transmission ===