Subject: Re: PCI ethernet (RTL8029)?
To: None <Hubert.Feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/28/1997 08:43:08
> I've got a (so-claiming) NS2000-compatible PCI-card here, [...] RTL
> 8029.

Yeah, the RealTek 8029 seems to be _the_ chip for "NE2000-compatible"
PCI cards.

> Is there any chance to get this thing working with NetBSD?

Yes.  I know someone who has NetBSD running with such a card.  I
believe that site is using Jonathan Stone's changes to split the ed
driver into an NE2000-and-compatible module and one or more
bus-specific interface modules, but there are some rough edges in their
setup at present, which is presumably why those changes haven't made it
into the main tree yet.

If you want I can pass your address along to my contact at that site.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca