Subject: Re: X11
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
From: Takaaki Nomura <tnomura@sfc.keio.ac.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/28/1997 03:54:08
Patrick wrote:
>Shrike wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Eric A. Davis wrote:
>[..]
>> > Have you tried the XF86Setup program???
>>

>> Actually, I don't seem to be able to locate the aforementioned program.
>> Have used XF86config, but to no avail.
>
>Funnily enough, when I grabbed the source to X the other day and did a
>make World, XF86Setup wasn't compiled. It took a while, installing
>Tk/Tcl and fiddling with site.def alot (in ways that must be far from
>the 'correct' solution!) I would be interested if anyone had already
>come across this and found a general solution...

  I can build XF86Setup with make World by specifying the following stuff
to host.def. The binary of XFree86 3.2A XF86Setup is X32Aset.tgz. X32AVG16.
tgz is also required.

#define HasTk                   YES

#define TkLibDir                /usr/local/lib
#define TkIncDir                /usr/local/include
#define TkLibName               tk41

#define HasTcl                  YES

#define TclLibDir               /usr/local/lib
#define TclIncDir               /usr/local/include
#define TclLibName              tcl75