Subject: None
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: G. Evans <gevans@televar.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/26/1997 16:18:11

OK,

Have managed to get 'startx' to not give me the liXmu6.0.0 error that was
occuring earlier, however now when I type 'startx' I get:

X connection to 0:0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown)

I have attempted to use xf86config to configure X but it seems to have no
effect.  I am using a ATI Expression Video Card with 2 Megs VRAM and a
Daewoo 1502B monitor with a H.scan rate of 30-64 and a V.scan rate of
50-120 (It is a 14"or 15" monitor, it is not mine so I am not sure.)  If I
try to use the XF86_Mach64 specification it keeps trying to start in
1280xwhatever it is, I just get the information that was entered via
xf86config.  If I try to use it in MONO mode, the screen blanks and then I
get the information from xf86config.

I am lost as to what to do next, please help.

Thank you,

-Greg Evans (macintosh-guru@televar.com)

P.S.  I do not subscribe to this list so please reply directly to me at
gevans@televar.com and to shrike@televar.com

Thanks again