Subject: startx question
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: G. Evans <gevans@televar.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/26/1997 12:31:18
First, let me say that I am using NetBSD on my Macintosh at home, and am
attempting to help a friend of mine set it up on his PC.

I have downloaded and installed everything and the required components for
X.

when I type 'startx' at the command prompt, i get the following message:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: xinit: libXmu.so.6.0: No such file or directory

I am not sure about the PC version of NetBSD, but on the Mac version, I
had to edit my /etc/rc and my /etc/rc.local as per the FAQ and then it
worked.

I (admittedly) used the same configs that I used on my mac on the PC
/etc/rc and /etc/rc.local and get the same error.  If anyone can help me
out, I'd appreciate it.

Please send replies to gevans@televar.com as I am not subscribed to the
list, and shrike@televar.com (who is subscribed to the list)

Thank you,