Subject: Re: dump for MS-DOS partitions.
To: Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/25/1997 17:50:44
Lets get serious here.

4.4lite introduced the entire mount_${fs} thing.

It is arguable whether it is better to say ffs_mount or mount_ffs, but
frankly it doesn't matter much, and having picked one there is no good
reason to break people by switching back.

This isn't the sort of thing that is so critical that there is a
reason to be gratuitously incompatible with what another BSD is doing,
and 4.4lite set the precedent.

Perry