Subject: Re: several questions for a NetBSD newbie...
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
From: None <wonko@madness.tmok.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/25/1997 13:29:23
Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com drunkenly mumbled...

> Note that you won't need to bother with this if you get a high-end
> serial card like a Hayes ESP, as mentioned below.

i'll probably get this patched in since i won't have the ESP anytime soon.
will i have to back the patch out when i do get the ESP, or will it work
with the patch in?

> Plus, I think it's probably a little counter-productive to suggest to
> a new user that they immediately go upgrade to current, or graft the
> current sources onto a release.  On the other hand, he was just
> running Linux, so he might be used to patching up all the
> sources... :-)

i'd rather not talk about it!! :)  (i have patched WAY too much linux stuff)
i'm not a new user, i'm just new to NetBSD in particular, my first UNIX box
(oh, i guess about 7 years ago now) was an IBM RT running BSD 4.3  :)  it is
buried in a closet somewhere, maybe i should make that run again.  anyone
have any spare (meaning free) ESDI drives??

-wonko

--
Just about every computer on the market today runs UNIX, except the Mac
(and nobody cares about it).

"Never underestimate the power of a computer."  - Superman III

=== End Transmission ===