Subject: Re: several questions for a NetBSD newbie...
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/24/1997 17:40:55
On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> > how easy is it to setup the 386 so i
> > can use Netscape on my sparc and have it go through the 386 and get the
> > pages back to the sparc?
>
> Easy. I will point out, though, that you have to make sure the remote
> end knows about the IP addresses on your network, etc.

Or you have to use the ip NAT (network address translator) in
NetBSD-current.  I've not tested it yet, but I will do so soon.

> I understand that there are a couple of cards out there, like the
> Hayes, that might be suitable, but I'll leave it to others to comment
> on this.

The Hayes is supported, though you may find it overkill in your
case. I'm not sure whether or not we have support for the 16660 or
the 16760 serial chips, but it wouldn't be that hard to add if we
don't.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates