Subject: Re: dump for MS-DOS partitions.
To: Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.east-arlington.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/24/1997 20:01:07
[like the message I'm replying to, this message is CC'ed to both
hackers@freebsd.org and port-i386@netbsd.org]

For what it's worth, the fsck_msdos in NetBSD (and the MSDOS 5.x
chkdsk) did not detect one case of file system corruption -- it was
described as two files referencing the same something-or-other --
which was detected and fixed by the Win95 install program when I
installed win95 on my DOS partition [1].  Does this ring any bells?

					- Bill

[1] in order to placate the cable-modem installers from Continental
Cablevision, who don't believe that PC's can run anything other than
Windows..