Subject: several questions for a NetBSD newbie...
From: None <wonko@madness.tmok.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/24/1997 18:54:17
i'm am going to be cleaning my harddrives off (had linux) and am going to
install NetBSD on that machine (386dx33).  i think i remember hearing that
you can make NetBSD do gateway stuff.  how easy is it to setup the 386 so i
can use Netscape on my sparc and have it go through the 386 and get the
pages back to the sparc?

i just purchased an X2 modem (i highly recommend them, they are FAST!! and they
are also very cheap!!!, $219 for a sportster, $269 for a courier) and was
wondering if there is a high speed serial card out there that is supported
by NetBSD so i can milk all the performance out of the X2 as i can.  would
either an AT&T or a BOCA super-duper serial card work with NetBSD??  what are
my options??

thanks a million, maybe NetBSD will run on my vax and sun3 hardware one day as
well.  :)

-wonko

--
Just about every computer on the market today runs UNIX, except the Mac
(and nobody cares about it).

"Never underestimate the power of a computer."  - Superman III

=== End Transmission ===