Subject: Re: new stand/netboot too big
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.east-arlington.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/20/1997 08:40:52
> Is the new netboot code ready for primetime?

I'm not sure the new boot code is.

I attempted to build Perry's SSTO stuff yesterday (to replicate the
problem with it failing on 4M systems), and (in addition to the fixes
I committed to biosmem.S), I had trouble with installboot, at least as
it's used by the ssto makefiles..  it appears to want to write to the
raw device of a mounted filesystem, and when it opens up the raw
device for writing it gets EBUSY (because the corresponding block
device has a mounted filesystem on it).  I had to hack it to unmount
the filesystem at the right place, which leads me to wonder how this
ever worked for him..

						- Bill