Subject: Re: xntpd going wild
To: Markus Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/12/1997 10:19:06
On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, Markus Kilbinger wrote:

> I observed many time server switchings on that
> machine (== firewall and xntp server for our subnet) maybe due to loss
> of connection, guess of better accuracy, I don't know.

I get quite a lot of switchings, too, with four servers in my config
file, but I just assumed that was normal.

> I don't know if this behaviour is a bug and should never happen.

Looks like it. I'm going to take Don Lewis's suggestion and grab
the updated 5.89.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates