Subject: Re: Buslogic: Exiting CCB Still in Transit
To: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/11/1997 10:12:01
On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, Mike Long wrote:

> I have a BT445C, but I haven't seen any problems like that.

Oh, I should mention, this is under 1.2. The machine was fine under 1.0.

> # sysctl -w ddb.onpanic=0

This machine doesn't have ddb compiled into the kernel, which is
why the lack of reboot on panic is so annoying. :-) I suspect that
the problem is that it's trying to sync and dump, but the scsi
controller is effectively dead from the panic onwards. Is there
any way of convincing it to just reset, rather than sync and dump,
when this particular panic happens?

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.