Subject: config
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/10/1997 18:21:56
I just tried to build a kernel, so I fiddled my config file, and while
in /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf I typed config BASE (base.newn... is my
machine). BASE originated with GENERIC of 18 Feb 97 whose first
executed line is
include "arch/i386/conf/std.i386"
which naturally can't be found. I tried going up and trying a
config arch/i386/conf/BASE, the error was then that config couldn't
create ../compile/arch... and trying to put ../../.. in the include
line gave an error when it tried to find file.i386 etc. In port-arm32
I remember hearing something about needing a new config program. I got
the config program from comp12.tar.gz, config of 15 Sept 96 - Is this
the problem, and where can I get an up-to-date config program?

TIA,

 Patrick