Subject: Re: 20140-AC question
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/06/1997 17:30:49
>I just tried these fixes. They improve the situation but don't solve
>the problems completely. If my system boots with my ReadyLink/PCI
>connected to a 10baseT hub I still get errors like these:

I'm still having similar trouble with a 21140-based Asante card; the
code to talk to the PHY has never worked.

As I understand things, Matt Thomas's preferred method to making if_de
work correctly on all variants is work is to get ifmedia implemented
for NetBSD, and then to use a still-newer variant of his if_de driver,
which uses ifmedia on BSDI 3.0 and (I think) works with the newer
cards.

I seem to have bad luck getting in synch with Matt;  I'm unlikely to
have an opportunity to do more hacking on ifmedia until about March 15.