Subject: Re: PCMCIA & ATAPI
To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/05/1997 12:21:55
[ Catching up on mail after being on vacation... ]

On 02 Mar 1997 08:16:53 +0100
 joda@pdc.kth.se (Johan Danielsson) wrote:

...before this dicsussion gets _too_ far out of hand...

 > This is obviously a religious matter. Is it better to not have support
 > for some piece of hardware, than to have, a maybe not perfect, but
 > working driver?

Manuel at one point gave me some rationale for not making it SCSI-like.
It seemed to basically make sense.  I think I'd still like a SCSI-like
interface, but I'm not as attached to it now as I was...

Anyhow......

The problem now is exactly _how_ to get Manuel's ATAPI code integrated.
Mark Brinicombe <mark@netbsd.org> informed me some time ago that he is
working on integrating it in a sane manner, and making an MI IDE driver
(since he needs this code for the arm32 port, as well).  Mark?  How's
that coming along?