Subject: Re: wdc0: lost interrupt
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/05/1997 17:16:50
    Bill> I suspect that the current wd lost-interrupt timeout (4
    Bill> seconds) is not sufficiently long enough to allow for many
    Bill> disks to spin up completely after being spun down; when I
    Bill> changed WAITTIME in wd.c from 4*hz to 8*hz, I stopped seeing
    Bill> "lost interrupt" errors on my laptop when restarting after a
    Bill> suspend..

  Well, I spent awhile yesterday getting a tree up to -current and still
have the PCMCIA patches in it (I didn't take the most obvious route I admit).
  If my notebook suspends itself due to no activity, things seem to work okay,
I can unsuspend. I think this worked before too.
  If I suspend it with 'zzz' then when I resume, I get:

wd0: wdcstart timeout waiting for unbusy status 0 error 0
wcd0: reset failed
wd0: wdcontrol: recall failed (1): status 0 error 0

(last two lines repeating)

sum dev/isa/wd.c gives:

57517 42 wd.c

  Perhaps I still don't have the right one.

  I will try Bill's change to see if that helps.

]   Temporarily located in balmy Helsinki, Finland, at SSH      | one quark   [
]  Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON     | two quark   [
] mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ | red q blue q[