Subject: Re: wdc0: lost interrupt
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/04/1997 23:02:56
On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Brian C. Grayson wrote:

> >> What does this mean, and do i have to worry about my harddisk:
> >>
> >> Feb 28 07:21:21 wdc0: lost interrupt: status 58<drdy,dsc,drq> error 0
> >> Feb 28 07:21:21 wdc0: lost interrupt: writing 8@wd0:35104
> >>
> >> This is on a IDE-equipped i386 V1.2 system.
> >
> > We've got a Pentium box here (NetBSD 1.2Beta (released a few
> > weeks before 1.2 proper), w/ IDE drive) that just started
> > giving similar messages.  We're getting:
> >
> > Feb 28 11:24:42 wdc0: lost interrupt: status 50<drdy,dsc> error 0
> > Feb 28 11:24:42 wdc0: lost interrupt: reading 2@wd0:1175230
>
>   Mostly just a me too:  I've only seen it once, during the /etc/daily
> run at 2am this morning, on a kernel that is -current from
> around three weeks ago, with IDE on -i386 (Pentium):
> Mar  4 02:00:27 wdc0: lost interrupt: status 58<drdy,dsc,drq> error 0
> Mar  4 02:00:27 wdc0: lost interrupt: reading 16@wd0:556800

I just upgraded to current (from 1.2) and I just saw the same message:
wdc0: lost interrupt: status 50<drdy,dsc> error 0
wdc0: lost interrupt: reading 16@wd1:576

My hard drives are configured to power-down after 15 minutes, and wd1
recently just spun up.  I hope you're all wrong about massive hard drive
failure!

I've got two IDE's (both Maxtor), that have been fine.

Rick

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                      System Administrator
Welland, Ontario, Canada                                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/