Subject: Re: 30000 users?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/04/1997 01:11:00
jkh@time.cdrom.COM (Jordan K. Hubbard) writes:
>Unless someone has optimized the way passwd database manipulation is
>done in NetBSD, every time one of those users changes their password
>or otherwise causes the database to be rebuilt, great delays will
>occur as your 30K password database is rebuilt.

Today someone mentioned on the bsdi-users list that "increasing the
buffers" from 2048 to 8192 resulted in much shorter rebuilds.  However
he was using 4 times the memory.  Perhaps someone want's to look at
this more closely.
--
Christoph Badura	bad@flatlin.ka.sub.org

You don't need to quote my .signature.  Everyone has seen it by now.
Besides, it doesn't add anything to the current thread.