Subject: os-bs, booting, and the like...
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/03/1997 20:53:39
Is it typical for a system to no longer boot from floppy with os-bs
installed?  It's either os-bs, or my attempt to teach my PC to boot
from CD-ROM's, but I can't tell which.

In other news:  Thanks to whoever provided this!  I was browsing software,
since the *other* OS on this toy needs a virus checker, and programs of
similar functionality are typically $40-60, apparently.  I can't see how
they could do a better job; os-bs is doing exactly what I want, which is
attempting to boot NetBSD by default, and letting me suffer through windows
if I want.

NetBSD doesn't actually *run* yet; my 1.2C kernel works beautifully, but
the 1.2(plain) init isn't too happy; I'll be getting a few more things
copied in, I hope, but I expect to see this system up and running fairly
soon.  Many thanks to cjs@portal.ca, who has helpfully sent me floppy
images and advice.

-s