Subject: Re: What's going on here?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/01/1997 08:58:22
On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Jukka Marin wrote:

> Not bad.. maybe it's the time to upgrade to 3.2.  BTW, is it possible to
> get 1152x900 at depth=16 with an S3 card with 2 MB of RAM?

It certainly should be, although you're not going to much room for
expanding pixmaps and font caching and the like. But the standard
Sun graphics resolution is 1152x900 depth=8 and the old CG3 cards
did that with only 1 MB of RAM.

I seem to recall running 1152x900x16 on my 2 MB ATI card, but I
think I had so many problems with applications that wanted a 256
colour display (as I recall there was one that wouldn't even run
on anything else) that I switched back.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.