Subject: Re: COM NEWS, issue 1
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/22/1997 22:45:04
> If you're not using the new version, then that's really not useful
> information.

Okay, I just got a chance to try out the latest stuff on my 386-25,
and it works much better than the previous com driver. I still get
overflows at 19200 baud, but extremely infrequently. 38400 baud is too
much though; telnet sessions lag a lot and getting a file via ftp is
slow (around 1Kbyte/sec).

And today, I went and bought a new multifunction I/O card for the
little 386, with 16550 serial ports, and it can do 115200 baud with
minimal overflows... cool! :) Seems to be capable of handling a 64kbps
ISDN line (which is good, since that's what I'm planning on using the
thing for... :)

So, the new driver is looking really good... great job! :)

Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++