Subject: -current kernel on 486 locks hard in autoconf
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rafal Boni <rkboni@concentric.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/19/1997 03:25:49
Folks:
	I'm running a kernel from a sup earlier tonight (although I've had the
	same problem ever since the setroot changed went in) with Charles' com
	patches applied over it...

	Booting this on my 486, takes the machine to hard-lock-land right after
	configure() prints the ipl masks.

	A simple experiment proved that if I move the spl0() that normally
	follows right after the printf() that puts out the ipl masks down a
	few lines, I'll get output from whatever code I now freed from running
	in spl0 and the machine will hard-lock either in the new location of
	spl0 (or afterwards?). Either way, it seems to be related to lowering
	the spl...

	Since stuff at this level is pretty incomprehensible to me, I thought
	I'd ask for ideas any of you may have on further chasing this down...

Thanks,
--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                rkboni@concentric.net