Subject: Build help from fresh install
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <mrobert@adissw.ENET.dec.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/06/1997 12:50:37
Well the answer to my stripped /netbsd question was to rebuild
the kernel.  Great. This is a fresh netbsd install with all
the V1.2 distribution sets.  I read the man page on config.
It says to run it in /sys/arch/i386/conf where I assumed there
would be a sample configuration file there.  Problem is
that the install did not even create the conf directory.
I see:

dnbeat> ls -la /sys
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel  11 Feb 5 03:29 /sys -> usr/src/sys

The usr/src/sys doesn't even exist.  So is there any advice
out there?  Should I kill the link and create the /sys/arch/i386/conf
directory?  Where do I get a sample configuration file?

Thanks,

Maddy