Subject: Re: remote kernel debugging - need some clarification
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@dachau.marco.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/05/1997 09:18:59
Jason Thorpe wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Feb 97 17:22:36 EST
>  "Gordon W. Ross" <gwr@mc.com> wrote:
>
>  > Yes, it would be nice to be able to use the "stock" gdb so we don't
>  > have to maintain our own remote-serial module.  Someone has already
>  > done the work to make the netbsd kernel side talk the GNU protocol.
>  > I forget who just now... maybe they'll speak up.
>
> I think Matthias Pfaller mentioned to me he'd made it work with the
> stock GDB protocol on the pc532 port; I've CC'd him on this mail.

Yes, NetBSD/pc532 runs with the stock gdb remote-serial protocol. I
tried to make things mi, but at the moment it is only tested on the
pc532. I used "our" gdb for remote kernel debugging, but gdb 4.16
works better.

Matthias
--
leo@dachau.marco.de			in real life: Matthias Pfaller
marco GmbH, 85221 Dachau, Germany	tel: +49 8131 516142