Subject: ISA PnP boo-boo??
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rafal Boni <rkboni@concentric.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/27/1997 21:53:14
Hello folks:
	I just noticed a problem with a kernel of Sat afternoon vintage (sup
	on 16:30 Eastern) and ISA Plug and Pray.

	The problem: somewhere in the ISAPNP probe process my machine just
	reboots.  DDB is in the kernel, but doesn't catch it... My machine is
	a P5/100 with no PnP devices (yet... the 3c509B will go in as soon as
	I can get a PnP'ized kernel to boot).  The machine has a few pre-PnP
	ISA cards (an AIC-6x60 scsi card, a SoundBlaster/16 and a SMC Ultra),
	in case that matters...

	The only unusual piece is that I have patched my tree with the latest
	rev of Charles' new com driver (thank you, thank you, it's great!).

	(the machine gets to isapnp match but reboots sometime later as an
	 insertion of a "Debugger();" proved)

	I would debug this further but my monitor seems to be slipping into
	life-lessness and about 80% of the time I reboot it just comes up
	black, which makes it somewhat hard to debug autoconfig stuff...

A heads up anyway,
--rafal

PS: if anyone would like more info/etc. send me mail.
----
Rafal Boni                                                rkboni@concentric.net