Subject: Re: Problems with XFree86 on NetBSD1.2
To: Joel Reicher <void@yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au>
From: Wayne Berke <berke@panix.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/22/1997 23:49:59

It's probably closest to port-i386@NetBSD.ORG so I'm redirecting it there.

> Does anyone running NetBSD 1.2 and XFree86 3.2 run xsm and/or the
> aperture driver successfully? They are two separate problems for me. The
> aperture driver causes a kernel panic when being linked in (sorry for the
> lack of debug info) and xsm core dumps when I try to run it, and appears
> to be referencing memory address 0x0 when it dies. Has this
> happened to anyone else?

I had similar problems with the aperture driver that came with the binary
distribution also so I built one from the X11R63 source and it works.  I
can send it to you if you like.

> I am running NetBSD 1.2 on a 486-DX4 100. Everything else runs quite
> happily. The kernel is one I have compiled, not a stripped install
> kernel.

Make sure you have the XSERVER and UCONSOLE options defined in your kernel
config, though this probably shouldn't cause a core dump.