Subject: Re: Would this work?
To: None <ryan@net-connect.net>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/15/1997 11:57:52
>Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 13:39:48 -0600
>From: Ryan LeCompte <ryan@net-connect.net>
>
>Hey, would the following work in NetBSD, my modem is on com 4 in DOS:
>
>The file "pppchat" contains the following:
>
>"" ATDT2322880 CONNECT
>
>The file "ppplogin" contains the following:
>ryan
>mypassword

These look fine, although I still have my login info in the chat
script instead of using a file like your ppplogin (bogus, I know).

My chat script also sends a proper init string to my modem
(AT&F1S2=128 for a USR Sportster 33.6) and properly aborts if it gets
NO DIALTONE or BUSY from the modem.

>The file "goppp" contains the following:
>
>#!/bin/sh
>pppd /dev/modem 38400 crtscts modem connect 'chat -v -f /etc/pppchat'
>defaultroute +ua /etc/ppplogin
>
>The pppd line is all on one line though.
>
>And then I chmod +x goppp, and in linux, I would just type "goppp" and press
>enter and it would connect. Would it work the same in NetBSD?

It should if /dev/modem points at /dev/tty03, although you can never
be sure until you try it.  You may want to use /dev/tty03 directly
instead of /dev/modem, but that's just a stylistic nit.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>     <URL:http://www.shore.net/~mikel>