Subject: Re: stty doesn't stick!??
To: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
From: noud de brouwer <noud@pop.knot.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/14/1997 18:50:33
>>got sommerfeld-com-961026.tar.gz and compiling it in..
>>could it be..??? (compile is slow),
>
>Perhaps we might understand your question if you gave us a bit more
>context....

My serial driver/port/modem is acting up strange..
that is on a NetBSD/i386 v1.2. It all looks a bit strange to me
given my experience with NetBSD/mac68k.
For instance if i stty a port to a given speed that setting gets lost.
That results (somehow) in modems giving gibberitsh(sp).
I'm looking for pointers to get it solved.

One is that i read the port-i386 list, i'm not subscribed yet,
and saw a unofficial comm driver patch mentioned..
is the sommerfeld-com-961026.tar.gz package the so much honnered
unofficial comm driver patch?

Second, could it be related to the problems my ppp-server gives me..
and others??

Indeed Mike, to short and badly formulated..
give me time and triggers to improve..
~n