Subject: Re: stty doesn't stick!??
To: noud de brouwer <noud@pop.knot.nl>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/14/1997 16:29:29
On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, noud de brouwer wrote:

> there is login.core and getty.core but what can i do
> with them to get more insight??

	If you've downloaded the source, add '-g' to the Makefile,
	rebuild & install them, then you should be able to run
	'gdb /usr/bin/login login.core' and type 'where' to find
	out what was happening when it dumped core.
	(I'm pretty sure you need a core from the -g compiled binaries :)

> and in my config i've got:
> pseudo-device   ppp     8               # PPP
> pseudo-device   tun     2               # network tunneling over tty
>
> must i highten tun to 8 as well? or is it not related?

	I'm pretty sure its unrelated.

> now i've swaped the ppp-server from mac68k to i386..
> i saw the ports 'locked' to 9600, while all the previous
> working settings are in place??
>
> if i do a stty -f /dev/tty00 57600, the next time someone
> does dial-in and deconnect stty -f /dev/tty00 shows 9600.
>
> my guess is that's a port specific issue, is it??
> what extra's do i have to do, besides /etc/ttys and stty -f to
> keep the speed stick??

	I'm pretty sure port-mac68k is the odd one out in having the
	ability to have 'termios defaults' for a given port.
	If you're running getty on a port then editing /etc/ttys
	(& kill -1 1) should be enough to have the port running at
	the right speed (despite what stty -f may say). If you're
	not running getty then... apologies for missing the start
	of this thread :)

		David/abs	david@{mono.org,southern.com,mhm-internet.com}

System Manager: Southern Studios Ltd, PO Box 59, London N22 1AR.
Satisfied User: NetBSD, free Un*x {i386,sparc,mac68k,+more} 'www.netbsd.org'.
  System Admin: MHM Internet, 14 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick, London W4 4PH.
         SysOP: Monochrome, Largest UK Internet BBS - 'telnet mono.org'.