Subject: Re: query about bounds_check_with_label()
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/14/1997 15:58:00
In <199701132112.NAA02468@lestat.nas.nasa.gov> Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> writes:
>... this is the wonderful inconsistency in the i386 port... (*sigh*)
>
>RAW_PART (`d' on the i386) is the whole disk.  `c' is the NetBSD portion
>of the disk.  The disklabel resides in the NetBSD portion of the disk.

I wonder how difficult it would be to make a list of which programs
or system functions use either the c or d partition. On many systems
c and d would be identical, and a waste of one precious partition.
It would be nice to know what pitfalls to expect when you only have
the c (or only d) partition defined as "whole disk".

>Jason R. Thorpe                                       thorpej@nas.nasa.gov

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert      D787B44DFC896063 4CBB95A5BD1DAA96
\X/ Don't dream it, Be it               rhialto@polder.ubc.kun.nl