Subject: Serial performance on 1.2
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/29/1996 22:30:44
	I was under (the possibly false) assumption that serial
changes we were experimenting with in late 1.1-current had made it
into 1.2.  But... since I'm getting oodles of silo overflows on my 386
that I just upgraded, I need to get a fresh (1.2-able) copy of the
hack that I was using.

	As I remember, this hack played a bit with interupt levels to
allow the system to toggle the "hardware" flow control bit (that
doesn't twiddle itself automatically).  Anyone?

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |