Subject: Re: ghostscript-4.03
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/29/1996 00:46:40
Matthias Scheler wrote

> In article <199612271555.CAA15920@hotdog.ping.net.au>,
> 	Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au> writes:
> > has anyone succesfully managed to built, install and run
> > ghostscript-4.03?
>
> Yes. I use it in conjuction with "magicfilter" to turn my HP LaserJet III
> compatible printer into a postscript printer.
>
> > Any ideas?
>
> No, not really. What "device" are you using? And which document?

Using /dev/lpt0 and bj10e (for a bj300) here and trying to print one
of the sample *.ps files.

After trying everthing suggested in this mailing list I abandoned my
efforts using gostscript's own unix-lpr.sh and the apsfilter.

I built and installed magicfilter, as suggested by Matthias, which
seem to be working fine and printed the examles files and mSQL docs
without a hitch.

This suggests to me, that the binaries seem ok but either unix-lpr.sh
or the configuration wasn't correct.

Still, I am puzzled as to why ghostscript's own filter didn't work!

Thanks to all of you...

cheerio Berndt
--
Name	: Berndt Josef Wulf