Subject: Fixed: Trouble booting NetBSD on NEC VERSA 6030 laptop...
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@fugue.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/23/1996 21:27:22
I was worried that I'd have to actually try to understand the PCMCIA
support code in order to get my new laptop working, but fortunately it
turns out that all I needed to do was hack my config file to use the
same addresses that Win95 was using.

I am happy to report that Win95 has been expunged from my laptop and I
am now running NetBSD with some level of success (although the APM
support isn't quite right yet).

If anybody else has a similar configuration and wants to try my fix,
all you need to do is change the I/O base for ep0 to 0x100 and the IRQ
to 15.   Apparently the PCMCIA support code figures out how to make
this work, and the new I/O address doesn't conflict with whatever was
causing me trouble (I haven't figured that out yet, unfortunately).

I can make a 1.44 meg boot floppy image available if anybody's
interested (seems like kind of a specialty item, though).

			       _MelloN_