Subject: Re: network does not survive apm -z
To: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/23/1996 09:50:36
On Mon, 23 Dec 1996, Thorsten Frueauf wrote:

> If I put the system into suspend (deep sleep) mode with `apm -z` and
> wake it up later (power on), I get the system back just like I left it -
> except that the network is no longer responding. I can't ping any host
> and no host can ping me - I have to reboot to get networking back.

Have you tried an `ifconfig xx0 down; ifconfig xx0 up'? Perhaps
the the network card needs a reset after sleep mode, and the power
management code isn't doing an xxdown() when it goes into sleep
mode, and an xxup() when it comes out.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.