Subject: Changes to BusLogic driver
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/23/1996 08:12:06
Jason Thorpe wrote:

>This is just a heads-up... I've checked in changes to the BusLogic
>SCSI driver to make it understand targets > 7 on wide controllers.
>They keys off a "features" bit set in the extended setup reply.
>The wide changes have been tested on a 958:

oops...

Jason's wide-scsi changes use the extended-inquire command which I
added to make the bha probe function (bha_find()).   The bha driver
now really _does_ reject  Adaptec 154x devices.  I don't _think_
anything is broken -- it works with a 956C, 958C, and 445 -- but,
quoting Jason,

>As always, if you encounter any problems, please let me know (and also
>submit a bug report with send-pr(1) :-)

The split GENERICADP and GENERICOTHER kernels should,  hopefully,
become things of the past.