Subject: ie0 and wd0 conflicts...
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Carl S Shapiro <cshapiro@ic.sunysb.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/22/1996 17:58:00
I just tried in install NetBSD-1.2 on my friend's PC...

There seems to be some strange problem booting the machine with the stock
boot floppies if there is a 3COM 3C507 and an IDE disk present.  With this
configuration the boot *always* hangs at "biomask XXX ttymask XXX netmask XXX".

If the 3COM card is not present, then the boot will proceed normally.  A
custom kernel with the uneccesary drivers stripped out will also do the
trick.

I have managed to replicate this problem on some old 486SX25's I have, as
well as an old 386DX40.  When I do not configure the wd driver, and use
a SCSI host adapter and disk in the machine, things work just fine.

Are there any known problems between the ie device and the wd device?

Carl