Subject: Re: Random crashes with X-Free86 3.2
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/19/1996 10:41:34
>>>Do you have "options INSECURE" in your kernel configuration file?

>> Hmm... looks like I am, yes.

>That might be the difference. My kernel was compiled without this option
>so that the X server has to work without linear memory access. Could
>you please try it with 'option "nolinear"' in your X config file?

I could, but probably not for about two weeks.  My monitor on my
NetBSD machine went up in smoke this past weekend, and is on its way
to the factory for repair right now.  I currently have to telnet into
my NetBSD box from my NT machine to read my mail.  Bummer...

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net